What application do you have?
- Mobile: Track location, monitor/report on engine, vehicle and driver performance. Make sure your equipment is being used as you want.
- Generator: Track usage, location, engine and generator performance. Remotely control the generator.
- Modbus-enabled equipment: Monitor up to 100 registers of analog, digital and coil data. With or without web-based backend solution.
- Analog and digital IO: Track location, monitor analog and digital inputs, perform computations, remotely control outputs.
Each Messenger monitors and computes values from CANbus(J1939), OBD-CAN PGNs, J1708/1587 PIDs and 100s of Modbus RTU Registers When user-defined operating conditions are violated, like receipt of an engine diagnostic message, information is immediately sent to web-based partner applications.
The Messenger connects to the ECU through a single cable with a standard J1939, J1708 or OBD connector. Modbus Master communication is serial via RS-232 or RS-485. The dual GPS/GSM antenna connects to the two keyed connectors on the Messenger.
Communication to the internet-based applications is via UDP or TCP over a GSM, CDMA or Wi-Fi network. Various satellite communication options are also available.
How the Messenger Works
The Messenger continually monitors pre-defined values read from the engine, performs computations and limit comparisons on those values. These processed values are sent to an internet-based application based on a timed interval or when various conditions or limits violations occur.
The information sent to the internet includes the unit identification, GPS location, date/time, processed values based on PGN parameters of interest, computed values, remote unit status, etc.
Capabilities that provide real benefit
The Messenger is designed to provide a highly robust and configurable platform for unique applications. The powerful 32-bit processor, real-time operating system, FLASH and SRAM on the Messenger allow for:
- Virtual real-time transfer or monitored conditions
- Local computations and evaluations from monitored conditions
- User-specified PGNs to be monitored
- Event and data logging
- Exception-based reporting to internet-based applications
- Over-the-air tunneling into the Messenger or other OEM equipment attached to the Messenger for remote diagnostics or re-configuration
- Reprogram a single unit or 1000s of units automatically via FTP
- Automatic firmware upgrades via FTP
- Event log and current configuration upload via FTP
- SMS messaging to change configuration or request monitored values
- Notifications based on time, events or computations from data
- Very low power mode based on RPM limit or other conditions
- Over-the-air re-flashing of the Messenger application - add new capabilites to the Messenger without having to visit it!