The Messenger SMB is a packaged system designed to provide a rugged, outdoor monitoring system for remote or unattended facilities. The SMB reports to Antx’ Centurion web-based system for mobile and PC access.
Each SMB system includes:
- Small weatherproof enclosure with handle for easy carrying,
- Cables for level sensor, pulsing flow meter, Modbus smart sensors and solar panel,
- Backup battery and solar charger,
- Active LTE 4G cellular-based Messenger telemetry unit with external high-gain antenna and GPS,
- Magnets for mounting to metal surfaces and
- Pre-configured Centurion web-based monitoring, alarming and remote access system.
The SMB has M12 panel mount connections for:
- Digital on/off conditions
- Pulsing flowmeters
- 4-20ma input (level, pressure, flow, etc)
- Modbus RTU (flowmeters, water quality, PLCs, etc.)
- Solar panel or DC input
- External cell antenna
Typical applications include:
- Impoundment level monitoring
- Flow meter monitoring
- Water quality sondes and sensors (YSI, In-Site, Ott, Global Water, etc.)
- Remote control of electric pumps, motors, VFDs and soft starters
- Diesel-driven generators with electronic controls
- Controllers supported via Modbus include: DynaGen, DeepSea, ComAp, Generac, Basler, Kohler
- For level measurement, the SMB is equipped with a 4-20ma analog input that typically is used with a pressure sensor placed in the impoundment of water.
- For level measurement of brine or produced water, the SMB is equipped with a powered Modbus connection to use with sensors that provide information to adjust the level measurement based on the density of the liquid.
- For pulsing flow meters, a digital/pulsing input is provided to convert pulses into flow rate, daily flow volume and total job volume.
- For Modbus flow meters, forward flow and total flow volume are monitored and reported.
Dimensions: 12”L x 9”W x 6”D
- Pressure relief valve for altitude changes
- Mounting magnets
Operating temperature: -40C to +80C, -40F to 176F
- input voltage range 12-24V
- user interface for: solar panel input voltage, load voltage, battery voltage, high and low battery charge shutoff
Modbus RTU Master serial port:
- adjustable baud rate from 1200 to 115200
- supports 80 Modbus registers
- read holding, register, coil, status
- contact closure to ground or voltage input
- pulse detection 100ms and greater
- 4-20ma standard, 0-1V, 0-5V, 0-10V, 0-20ma
- 12VDC power provided by SMB
- switch to ground
- 2A at 12VDC
- current limited
- Solar panel – 10W, 20W, 30W, 40W with mount
- High gain omni antenna with pole or magnet mount
- Impoundment level sensors for various depths and lengths
- Line pressure sensors – various PSI ratings
- Sensor M12 extension cables